The Smith Law Center and founder Stephen M. Smith have been recognized by the prestigious Best Lawyers in America organization for 2023.
The attorneys at The Smith Law Center are proud of the work we have accomplished for spinal cord and traumatic brain injury sufferers and their families. We are grateful to have been nominated by our peers and selected for recognition based on our achievements by The Best Lawyers in America.
To learn more about the significance of being named as “Best Lawyers,” read on. If you need to speak with an attorney about catastrophic injury and how a personal injury lawyer can help, call our Hampton, Virginia offices directly at (757) 244-7000, or schedule a free, confidential consultation with us online. We are here to help.
What Does It Mean to Receive the “Best Lawyers” Award?
To be recognized for The Best Lawyers in America® award, an attorney must be nominated by their peers. Lawyers cannot pay a fee to participate in or be recognized by Best Lawyers. For this reason, the Best Lawyers award is widely recognized as a reliable and unbiased evaluation of an attorney’s professional performance.
- Only the top 5.3% of all practicing attorneys in the U.S. were selected for inclusion in the 29th edition of the Best Lawyers award.
- Nominations are made after evaluating comprehensive peer-review surveys from across the country with a transparent methodology process to accurately award deserving lawyers and firms.
- Attorneys and firms can win recognition for excellence in their geographical area, as well as overall stellar performance in a specific legal practice area.
The Best Lawyers publication began in 1983 and has editions in nearly 70 countries that cover 145 legal practice areas.
In What Practice Areas Has The Smith Law Center Been Named “Best Lawyers”?
Here are the categories in which our firm has been named Best Lawyers for 2023:
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
The Smith Law Center’s special focus practice areas also include:
- Brain injury and concussions
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Car and commercial truck collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability
- Workers compensation
- Wrongful death suits
We are deeply honored that the work we do in service of our clients and their families has been noticed by our colleagues and peers.
Award Categories — Notable Settlements and Verdicts
Here are some of the case results we’ve obtained for our clients in the award categories of medical malpractice and personal injury:
- Personal Injury:
- $60+ million trial verdict for a gas station manager with a mild head injury after vehicles crashed into the establishment he managed
- $14.59 million mid-trial settlement for a woman injured after a defective motorcycle tire installation caused a crash and injury
- $12+ million verdict against a grocery mart for a mild traumatic brain injury — at the time, the largest slip and fall verdict in Virginia state history
- Medical Malpractice:
- $2.2 million for a child injured by a hospital in surgery for a brain injury
- $1.175 million for a woman Injured by a hospital in surgery for a mild TBI
Every verdict and settlement we achieve is done to improve the lives and futures of our clients.
Contact Award-Winning Personal Injury Attorneys
We congratulate our attorneys at The Smith Law Center for their achievements, and the life-saving, life-changing work they do for injury sufferers and their families. Personal injury cases can range from dog bites to occupational hazards to transportation accidents. If you’ve been injured due to negligence, defective products, or unsafe premises, you deserve compensation for the costs and losses you’ve endured.
A substantial damages award or settlement can help afford medical treatment which could mean the difference between a partial vs. a full recovery. The funds could help keep your family whole and in your home by replacing lost past and future wages. Additional funds negotiated or awarded at trial could help ensure financial stability for years to come — guaranteeing at-home healthcare, or sending children to college so they can gain vital independence in shaping their own lives.
To speak with an award-winning, proven attorney about your needs for representation, call us directly at (757) 244-7000, or reach out online to schedule an appointment. Your decision to pursue justice today could vastly improve your tomorrows.